How to Use Warning Thresholds
Warning alert thresholds, as a percentage, can be defined on a portfolio or entity level, as well as on a rule level, allowing users to adjust the number of warning alerts generated by FundApps to suit the business. Please review this article to learn more about how Warning Thresholds are applied.
How it works
The default warning in FundApps is within 10% of the threshold margin and this will apply when no user-defined warning thresholds have been set. FundApps does allow you to set your own warning thresholds and this can be done at three levels:
- Global Level: when this is set, it applies to all rule-portfolio combinations that aren’t already being affected by a user-defined warning threshold. The global default warning in FundApps is set to 10%, as mentioned above.
- Portfolio Level: this is set on a portfolio basis and applies to all rule-portfolio combinations where a rule level warning has not been set.
- Rule Level: this is defined on a per rule basis and when set, it will apply to all rule-portfolio combinations.
How to use it
A global level warning can be set from the rules screen or from the portfolio screen (see below). Simply enter a value between 1 and 100 including decimal places. If you wish to restore the FundApps default warning, enter ‘10.’ Please note, this will only reset the global warning to 10% if there are no user-defined portfolio or rule level warnings. If you have set a portfolio or rule level warning, you will have to reset the warning value at each level.
To add or modify a user-defined portfolio level warning threshold:
- Select the portfolio you wish to edit from the Portfolio screen.
- From the Warning Percentage tab, set the warning threshold (decimal number from 0 to 100 inclusive) you wish to apply to this portfolio. Please note that, if there is a rule level warning set on an individual rule that is running on this portfolio, the rule level warning threshold will override the portfolio level warning.
- If you wish to remove the user-defined portfolio level warning, simply click on "Remove Portfolio Level" and this will restore the portfolio level warning to the global level. If no global level warning has been set, this will restore the portfolio level warning to the default warning level of 10%.
To add or modify a user-defined rule level warning threshold:
- Select the rule you wish to edit from the Rules screen
- From the Warning Percentage tab, set the warning threshold (decimal number from 0 to 100 inclusive) you wish to apply to this rule. From this tab, you will also be able to identify the associated portfolios or entities to which this rule is assigned and the warning thresholds associated with this rule-portfolio combination.