Integrating GCD Into Your Daily Workflow
There are four checks to carry out when integrating GCD:
- Verify shares outstanding figures to make sure you don't miss a disclosure
- Find the company address to populate s.793 or issuer limits disclosures so you don't send the wrong information in your filing
- Know the individual to address the filing to so the correct person is informed of your disclosure on time
- Find local and foreign company registration information when making disclosure filings
1. Verify shares outstanding figures to make sure you don't miss a disclosure
The Global Company Database stores the website where a company's official share capital or shares outstanding figures are published and updated. Use the GCD globe link to easily navigate to this website and prevent having to run a Google search or checking with a colleague every time you want to verify that your shares outstanding figures are correct.
If you'd like to adjust the denominator website, please feel free to use the "Edit via FundApps" on the right-hand side. We will then review your suggestion and make the necessary adjustments.
2. Find the company address to populate s.793 or issuer limits disclosures so you don't send the wrong information in your filing
When completing an issuer request under Section 793 or other issuer specific filings, do you find it difficult to confirm the exact address to use in the disclosure forms? Perhaps the company has many addresses or different legal entities set up under the same company umbrella. The GCD stores this information and tells you which company you hold specifically so you aren't required to make that determination yourself. The addresses are also automatically populated into the relevant disclosure form.
One thing less to think about and one less copy and paste job when making a filing directly to the issuer.
3. Know the individual to address the filing to so the correct person is informed of your disclosure on time
When filing disclosures directly to issuers, do you find it at times tough to know which person at the company is the correct contact or what their email address or title is? Perhaps there are a number of people you need to inform? The GCD stores a company's nominated contact(s) your filings must be addressed to so you can be sure the correct person is being notified of your filing.
This information is also automatically populated into the disclosure forms so you don't have to find it every time a new disclosure is triggered. Additionally, the correct email address will be filled in when generating an email via the "Send Filings" button.
4. Find local and foreign company registration information when making disclosure filings
When filing disclosures to the BaFin, do you find it challenging and manual to source the German Register Number and Registration Court? The GCD has the facility to store this information and will automatically populate the data into the relevant disclosure form ready for you to file in the regulator's portal.