Public Filings Data
The Filings tab in the Global Company Database contains data on short selling disclosures that have been made public by the regulators. In the EU a short position of 0.5% or more of the outstanding shares of the company are required to become public.
FundApps currently supports short selling filings across:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
You can see this data aggregated across all countries as well as filtering on the country you wish to see. Within the GCD record too you can see if anyone has made a filing on that specific company.
For Compliance Officers
- Check where others in the market have disclosed an issuer, so you can validate the regulator you are disclosing your holding to is correct.
For Portfolio Managers/Analysts
- Verify how crowded a security is by seeing how many other investors hold large positions in a company
- See if a new position has been taken in a company you are invested in
- Find out what others in the market are doing
- Make better, more informed investment decisions