Setting Up Credentials and MFA in Filing Manager FCA
As part of the Filing Manager FCA workflow, we require our users to save their FCA username, password and MFA secret key saved in FundApps, this allows our product to submit the short report with the user’s FCA account.
To do this, the user will have to follow these steps:
- Under Portfolios/Entities>>Forms Properties>>Regulators ID please update your FCA ReportingID
- You will be able to find your FCA ReportingID on the FCA ESS portal, when you select a new case, once you choose the entity you would like to report to, the “Position Holder ID” is automatically populated in the website. That’s your FCA ReportingID.
- In the Filing Manager FCA screen, please click on the cog:
- A pop-up will appear where the user needs to save their FCA username, password and MFA secret key:
- To obtain the MFA secret key, we will require our users to reset their MFA details with the FCA so that we can align the secret key.
- Login to the FCA ESS portal (if this is your first time setting up MFA, skip to step 8)
- Click on your username at the top right corner followed by “My profile”.
- Scroll down to “MFA Details” and click on “Reset MFA” - confirm.
- Logout from the portal.
- Check your email, the FCA will have sent you a 6 digit code to be used on your next login.
- Login again on the FCA portal using the 6 digit code.
- The FCA will prompt you to choose a MFA method, please select the first option “Download and use the Salesforce authenticator app or use your preferred authenticator app.”
- Right click the QR code and select “Copy image address”
- Paste the address in a notepad, your MFA secret key is the code displayed at the end of the address:
- Copy this number and save it in the Filing Manager pop-up under “MFA secret key”
- Make sure you have updated this new QR code in your authenticator app so that you can login to the FCA portal in future!
You are all set and ready to use the Filing Manager FCA.